PETALS, BADGES & JOURNEYS TROOPS CAN EARN:
We work closely with you to understand the goals of the troop, as well as the girls’ issues or concerns (ie: communication, excluding people, bossiness, bragging, etc). Based on our discussion, we then tailor the workshop’s activities and conversations so they are engaging and meaningful – while delivering on your needs.
All of our workshops use fun, active games to spark meaningful dialogue, providing the girls with a rare opportunity to connect with their peers on a deeper level as they express their thoughts and feelings. In doing so, they have the powerful realization that they are not alone – others share similar emotions and experiences. This helps each girl to embrace, respect and value who she is, and builds her confidence so she is more willing to try new things, speak up, take on challenges, and solve problems. Through this approach, girls also gain valuable insights and strategies that help them build positive relationships (with themselves and others), as well as navigate their lives more effectively.
Signature Workshop (6o minutes) and Signature + 30 (90 minutes)
While all of our workshops focus on themes for which girls typically need some guidance and strategies, starting in 4th grade, we recommend integrating themes like navigating friendships (girl drama, being excluded, bossy, communicating, social media, etc) and self esteem & confidence. We also suggest adding role playing to the workshop. These are the most popular choices.
Based on the valuable conversations and role playing opportunities, we strongly recommend our 1.5 hour workshop for girls in 4th grade & up. When the girls are given the opportunity to talk and begin to open up, the last thing we want to do is shut them down.
Please contact us and provide the following information:
- What town are you located in?
- What school?
- Where are your meetings held?
- When do you typically meet (days / times)?
- How many girls are in your troop?
- What grade(s)?
- Do you have a petal/badge you are trying to earn? If so, which one(s)?
Pricing is based on the above information. Once we hear from you, we can get back to you with pricing.
Note: There is a minimum of 12 participants or $240. Some exceptions may apply.
Once you’ve put your desired date on hold by reaching out to us directly (via email or phone), you need to:
During the process, you will be given options as to how to provide us with waivers for all participants, as well as options on how to make your deposit.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must do all three things in order to secure your date (booking, waivers, deposit).
**You can also find waiver information and payment options, as well as the cancellation policy, by clicking on the below tabs.**
Your workshop is reserved once we receive payment in full. Upon registration, you’ll be given various payment options, listed below:
Click to pay by Venmo
Click to pay by Chase Quickpay
search for email: dawn@GAALSusa.comFree Bank Transfer with Zelle
Check if your bank participates. Here are a few: Bank of America, Capital One, TD, Citi, Wells FargoPAYPAL
Click to pay by Paypal
Please be sure to add the name of your child and date of program under Paypal notes.CHECK
Make payable to: GAALSusa
GAALS, PO Box 816, Plandome, NY 11030
Note: Please send check promptly. We expect receipt within 2 days of registration.
GAALS & PAALS must have a waiver for all participants – children and adults participants. We need to receive waivers at least 24 hours prior to the event. As the organizer of the event, you have two options for the waivers:
- Provide the information on behalf of the group during registration. Make sure at that time you have each Participant’s Name, Parent/Guardian’s Name (if participant is under 18), Email & Phone Number.
- Send us an email on behalf of the group that says the following: As the organizer of this event, I hereby assume all risks and responsibility for any losses and/or damages that may occur during my troops voluntary participation in GAALS & PAALS programs/activities and/or use of equipment.I understand that there is a risk of injury associated with participation in physical activities. The instructional programs/activities at GAALS & PAALS may result in injury including but not limited to: abrasions, cuts, strains, fractures, other. These may be caused by accidents, forces of nature, foreseeable or unforeseeable causes including negligence of the participant or others.Include each Participant’s Name, Parent/Guardian’s Name (if participant is under 18), Email & Phone Number.
- Send parents our waiver and they can fill out and submit to us via email. If they cannot email, you will be responsible for submitting their forms to us in advance. If they are writing in their information, please note that the form must be complete and legible.
Please notify us ASAP if there are changes to your workshop date, location or number of girls. The sooner you notify us of a change, the more likely it is that we can accommodate you.
Workshop deposits are non-refundable but may be applied to a future workshop.
If the workshop is cancelled more than one week prior, it may be rescheduled for $25. Less than one week prior, the workshop may be rescheduled for $50.
For Signature Plus 30 – Create It Workshops, if the supplies have already been purchased, up to $15 per girl is non-transferrable/refundable.
Space rental deposits are refunded on a case-by-case basis (dependent on policies of location & current manager).